- Saturday, Mar 9 - Sunday, Mar 10, 2024
- Waterton Lakes National Park of Canada
Waterton Park, AB T0K 2M0
- Cost: 150 - 195
Join us for an exciting cross-country ski trip to Cameron Lake Hut in Waterton Lakes National Park. Lace up your skis and get ready to explore the breathtaking winter landscape of the park.
Embark on this unforgettable adventure as we glide through the snowy trails, surrounded by stunning mountain views. The Cameron Lake Hut offers a cozy retreat where we can snowshoe around once we reach the hut, relax, unwind, and enjoy the beauty of nature. Who said you can’t have a fun backcountry trip on xc skis?
This trip will be led by Isabel our xc ski instructor for the past 4 years.
We will give first dips to those that have taken xc ski lesson with us for the past 4 years (2021-2024). If spots are left, we will open it up to the rest of the CTT community.
We ask our allies to allow BIPOC members to register for this event. Thank you!
Prerequisite: Have taken xc ski lessons with CTT or is comfortable to xc ski with a heavy backpack on beginner terrain.
Drive 45 minutes south of Pincher Creek on Hwy 6 South. Enter Waterton National Park and drive to the Akamina Parkway. Drive along the parkway to the Little Prairie Day use area parking on the left. Ski along the road for about 3km to the hut, which is in the trees on the left about 400m before Cameron Lake.
Quick Description: 3 km ski from Little Prairie day use area.
Elevation Gain to Hut: 50m
Approach Time: 1/2 to 1 hour
Trail Conditions: Parks Canada
Pre-trip meeting: March 5th, 7pm MT (link will be provided to thiose that register)
$195- if you need xc skis per one of the lessons
$150- if you have your own xc skis
Included: 65L Backpack- If you have your own backpack 35-55 L that fits you well please bring it.
Not included: Sleeping bag, food (1 Breakfest, 2 lunch, 1 dinner), snowshoes and Waterton Park entery fees (Carpooling highly recommended to cut on cost).
For any questions please reach out to [email protected]
Cancellation Policy (PLEASE READ)
Cancellation Policy for Multi-day Adventure, Summits, Retreats, or Partnered Events
This policy applies to larger events, including summits, partnered events, and multi-day overnight events, where attendance planning and logistics are especially crucial. These events take us months to plan and execute. We understand that unexpected situations may arise that require event cancellations, but we want to ensure the smooth and fair execution.
1. Cancellation Timeframe: For cancellations made at least 20 days in advance of the scheduled event or within the specific timeframe indicated by the event organizer in the registration information, participants will not incur any penalties. You can request a full refund or choose to transfer your payment to a future event.
2. Cancellation Within 20 Days or Specified Period: In the unfortunate event that a cancellation is requested during specified time frame, or no show happens, the following policy will apply:
- Refund: Cancellations made less than 20 days of the event will not be eligible for a refund unless we manage to fill in the spot.
- Penalty: A six months ineligibility to attend future events. We leave a right to cancel any registration of the person under penalty in this time frame. After the six month ineligibility period has elapsed, participants can once again sign up for future events without any restrictions.
At Colour the Trails, we are dedicated to fostering an environment that champions inclusivity, respect, and equality. We want to make it clear that we will not tolerate any form of anti-Blackness, anti-Indigenous attitudes, homophobia, or transphobia within our organization or community. We firmly stand against discrimination and prejudice, and we are committed to creating a safe and affirming space for individuals of all races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, and gender identities. Together, we strive to promote unity, understanding, and support for all trail enthusiasts, regardless of their background or identity.
Photo & Video Release Consent:
By purchasing a ticket you grant permission for Colour the Trails and sponsors to use any portion of the photos or videos from this event that have been taken by Colour the Trails videographers and photographers for the purpose of sharing experiences with the community and encouraging future participation in events which can include but is not limited to, print or digital versions, social media and websites without any more compensation or recognition given. Colour the Trails will not use the photographs in a manner that would exploit or cause malicious representation toward you.
Please contact [email protected] BEFORE the event if you do not want to be photographed or on video during an event.