Together with our community investors, Colour the Trails is working to address systemic barriers to access and participation in outdoor activities.
Community Investors, Not Sponsors
We are seeking community investors who are committed to seeing change happen through long-term support.
We believe change comes through long term support, not a single sponsored event or promotion. Colour the Trails refuses to participate in a scarcity and competitive mindset as this creates tension and unnecessary stress for our leaders. We are looking for multi-year partnerships that we believe will better support our growing initiatives and promote change.
What we can work on together apart from funding our outdoor events programming:
Shredding the Gap
Historically there’s a power imbalance when it comes to funding Black- and Indigenous-lead initiatives. Our hope is to rework the system and shift our focus from “sponsorship” to ‘investment”. When we invest in grassroot organisations who work with intention and care—regardless of their status—the return on investment is strong and joyful communities.
This is why we are seeking community investors, who believe in investing in Black woman-led entrepreneurship, community joy, learning and the potential of human capabilities. Our aim is to work collaboratively to build a relationship that is reciprocal, centred on grace, accountability, and shredding the gap for equitable access to the outdoors.
We believe that investing in Colour the Trails by allocating resources will benefit our partners far better than the traditional sponsorship model. Benefits may include:
- Expand your customer base to a more diverse demographic of outdoor enthusiasts
- Build awareness of your brand and trust in your product with Colour the Trails recognizing your efforts on our website, social media, and newsletters
- Ensure sustainability of your market: As just one example, the skiing industry will need 3 Millennials for every Boomer that retires to sustain their market. The BIPoC community is a market that can no longer be ignored.
- Further progress in achieving your organization’s CSR goals, with a clear, measurable impact of every dollar invested.
- Evolve community engagement strategy entirely by working with us at a Strategic Partnership level to understand how to be more equitable and inclusive.
- Access Community: we hold the door open for other organizations to connect with our partners to expand impact.
- Create diversity amongst store ambassadors by finding and elevating BIPOC coaches and guides that stores didn’t know existed, and introducing them to the brand.
Partners In Equity
We are grateful for our investors, partners and community mentors who help to support our events and advocacy work. Together with our community, we are creating change.
If you are interested in investing in Colour the Trails, please complete the form below and let us know what type of investment you are interested in and how we can work together.