This event is supported by Extremely Canadian.
We love our allies, but due to very limited space, this event is for BIPoC only.
Explore the Coast Range mountains, or conquer certain runs on your bucket list. Tailored for the backcountry ski/snowboarder who wants to spend a full day scaling mountain peaks and bagging epic lines.
Please note this course requires touring skis or splitboard, skins & avalanche safety gear. If you need backcountry rentals, please mention it in the backcountry experience section of the Eventbrite registration form.
Suitable for advanced-intermediate skiers and snowboarders. Comfortable in a variable conditions, who have gone backcountry skiing/snowboarding at least 5 times before. If you have less experience with backcountry, please do not register as it’s important that the group is close in skill level for safety reasons. If you’re experience level is above this, you are welcome to join, but please note that the group will be tailored to the advanced-intermediate skiers and snowboarders. There’ll still be lots of great instruction/tips from Extremely Canadian.
Ages 16 and older. All participants 18 & under must sign the safety voucher and wear a helmet.
Exertion Level: Medium – High (Depending on group objectives)
Please note that no refunds will be given for cancellations after March 12 as per this event’s refund policy.
With the increased spread of Omicron and in accordance with Provincial Health orders, all participants must be double vaccinated and show proof of vaccination in order to participate in our events so we can do our part to keep everyone as safe as possible and allow us to continue to hold events.
Participants must also wear mask when indoors, at all times and outdoors when we cannot stay 6 ft or more a part.
If you are feeling any flu-like symptoms before the event, please stay home.
- One full day of Extremely Canadian guiding from 8:00 AM
- Small group (1 guide to 6 participants)
- Lift line priority
- ACMG Certified Guide (Association of Canadian Mountain Guides)
Does not include:
- Lift pass – Extremely Canadian has a deal for backcountry day passes – $44+tax/day
- Transportation to Whistler
- Parking costs
Please note: each participant will be responsible for getting to this event. You can organize carpooling through our Private Facebook Group: Colour the Trails British Columbia. If you are carpooling with someone, please make sure to chip in for gas/parking.
What you’ll need to bring/wear:
Avalanche Safety Gear*
- Metal avalanche Shovel
- Avalanche probe
- Avalanche Transceiver (We do not recommend Tracker 2)
- Ski touring backpack (25-30 litres)
- Undamaged Helmet
Layering & Extras
- Waterproof, breathable, non-insultated shell jacket and pants
- Warm non-cotton under layers
- Light fleece or equivalent
- Insulated (down/synthetic) jacket
- Goggles with spare lens (if applicable)
- Sunglasses and hat/toque for climbing
- Sunscreen and lip protection
- Headlamp (optional)
- Camera (optional)
- Lunch and water (at least 1 litre)
- Touring skis or split-board with appropriate climbing skins
- Ski poles (with powder baskets) required for both skiers and snowboarders. Telescopic poles recommended for split-boarders
- Touring ski boots
*Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need a beacon, shovel and/or probe.
Photo & Video Release Consent:
By purchasing a ticket you grant permission for Colour the Trails and sponsors to use any portion of the photos or videos from this event that have been taken by Colour the Trails videographers and photographers for the purpose of sharing experiences with the community and encouraging future participation in events which can include but is not limited to, print or digital versions, social media and websites without any more compensation or recognition given. Colour the Trails will not use the photographs in a manner that would exploit or cause malicious representation toward you.
Please contact email@example.com BEFORE the event if you do not want to be photographed or on video during an event.
Become a member and join us on our next adventure.Learn More