Sponsored by Merrell Canada and Parks Canada
This event is for BIPOC living in Vancouver, BC, Canada area. While we love our allies, this event is created to give a chance to BIPOC members to try new sports.
This beginner-friendly tour at Mount Seymour introduces the basics of snowshoeing, shares some of the mountain’s best snowshoeing spots and provides basic knowledge needed to stay safe in a winter environment.
Suitable for all ability levels.
- Snowshoe guide
- Snowshoe rental and trail pass
- Hot chocolate served after the tour
Tour Duration: 2 hours
Please meet at the Snowshoe Centre at Mount Seymour at 9:30am
What you’ll need to bring/wear – check weather before the event:
- Ideally waterproof outerwear (pants/jacket) – weather dependent
- Warm layers
- Footwear: waterproof winter boots with thick soles and rubber or leather uppers are ideal, but sturdy waterproof leather hiking boots can also work
- Small backpack with water, a snack or anything else you might need to hold or layers you don’t need if you’re too warm
Information about Mt. Seymour’s COVID-19 policies: https://mtseymour.ca/covid-19-winter-protocols
This event takes place on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
Become a member and join us on our next adventure.Learn More