*PAST EVENT* (BC) Learn to Snowshoe January 2022
Sponsored by Merrell Canada and Parks Canada
This event is for BIPOC living in Vancouver, BC, Canada area. While we love our allies, this event is created to give a chance to BIPOC members to try new sports.
This beginner-friendly tour at Mount Seymour introduces the basics of snowshoeing, shares some of the mountain’s best snowshoeing spots and provides basic knowledge needed to stay safe in a winter environment.
Suitable for all ability levels.
- Snowshoe guide
- Snowshoe rental and trail pass
- Hot chocolate served after the tour
Tour Duration: 2 hours
Please meet at the Snowshoe Centre at Mount Seymour at 9:30am
What you’ll need to bring/wear – check weather before the event:
- Ideally waterproof outerwear (pants/jacket) – weather dependent
- Warm layers
- Footwear: waterproof winter boots with thick soles and rubber or leather uppers are ideal, but sturdy waterproof leather hiking boots can also work
- Small backpack with water, a snack or anything else you might need to hold or layers you don’t need if you’re too warm
Information about Mt. Seymour’s COVID-19 policies: https://mtseymour.ca/covid-19-winter-protocols
This event takes place on the unceded territory of the Coast Salish peoples, including the territories of the xʷməθkwəy̓əm (Musqueam), Skwxwú7mesh (Squamish), and Səl̓ílwətaʔ/Selilwitulh (Tsleil-Waututh) Nations.
January 15, 2022
10am-12pm - arrive at 9:30am
Snowshoe Centre, Mount Seymour
Become a member and join us on our next adventure.Learn More